CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

school lunches

whoa,
maybe when we were kids the food was acceptable, but have you eaten here lately?
1 serving of something fried
4 servings of carbs
1 serving of some canned fruit or vegetable
chocolate milk or water for drink.

Now last week, I told myself that this was an acceptable lunch, and since it only costs $1.00 (for teachers) I was all for it. (can you believe I pay $3.50 for my child to consume this?) Today however, lunch will be different. A lean protein (grilled chicken breast brought from home) and a single serving of cottage cheese and 1/2 banana.
While I am sitting here craving a muffin, I have come up with the following:

My stomach is growling
Under the napkin are 10 muffins
Food that appears harmless is actually bad for you (I mean it is a bran muffin)
Funny how a little muffin has such power
I am not kidding
Nothing good will come from eating a muffin
So I will NOT eat a muffin, and will deliver them to the office for all to eat!

ps: check it out: brown bag naturals

0 comments: