CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

My name is Kelly Davis, and I am a pear. A lazy pear who doesn't really understand this online world so you might not hear from me often...although I am willing to learn.

I've been all over the board with eating and my final conclusion is that we are more likely to make poor choices when we feel, um, victimized. I can't eat right when my three active boys are all clamering for food - I'll just eat a PB & J on white with Cheetos. Tam, your husband is out of town. Wendy, your life has been upside down with hospitals, hours of driving, etc... Molly, you are newly back in the US and having old cravings ? (I made that up). Well, so what. Our pear-shaped bodies do not forgive us or process the food differently just because we are cornered into yet another drive through. SOOOO, we are going to ban together for 4 days (we have a long holiday weekend coming up and I want to be reasonable). We will NOT let our circumstances dictate our eating. We will adopt the boy scout motto and Be Prepared. Every meal, planned ahead, packed into a cooler if we have to. Every meal.

It helps me to eat the same thing breakfast through snack and then vary the dinner. That way I can make all the brown rice on the first days, cut all the veggies, etc... and I won't let myself get starving. This is my menu - any takers?

B'fast - 3 eggs (only 1 yolk) + oatmeal + berries
Lunch - brown rice + deli turkey + edemame
Snack - hummas + veggies & apple slices
Dinner - grilled chicken, fish + veggies (steamed/grilled/stri-fried)
Dessert - sugar-free popsicle (only 15 calories:))

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

alright, 4 days it is, on this menu...no compromising.
except, can we have beer? tam